Due to limited openings, all grooming is done by appointment only. If you cannot keep your appointment, please give us 24 hour advance notice to avoid a $25.00 missed appointment fee.
If an animal is difficult to work with for any reason, a $15.00 behavior fee will be added to the grooming price. I will do the best I can, but due to behavioral problems, I may NOT be able to complete the grooming as well as I would like. For the safety and well-being of your pet and myself, if at any time I believe that your pet is overly stressed or behaving in a way that may cause injury to itself or me, I will NOT continue the grooming process. Should this occur, you will be charged a $45.00 fee. If this is a repeat problem, I will discuss alternative grooming options with you. Furry Tails, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, including any animal known to be aggressive or a biter.
The grooming schedule for each pet is approximate. Due to traffic or difficult pets, please allow a 45 minute window for your appointment time. If I feel that I will be longer, you will receive a courtesy call letting you know. This can be an unpredictable business and your patience is very much appreciated.
If your check is returned, I will ask you to replace the check with cash, plus pay a $42.00 returned check fee.
- We reserve the right to deny service or to raise the price to those who do not disclose the true condition of their dog's coat or temperament.
- If your dog is a biter or aggressive, please don't call us. You need to go to someone who can handle a dog like that like a Vet.
- If you "stand us up" for your appointment, expect to find a bill on your front door for $25.00 missed appointment fee.
- We require 24 hour notice if you need to cancel your appointment. Without proper notice, we expect to be reimbursed.
- We try to answer every phone call. Phone calls are going to my home office. Please leave a message if we cannot answer your call and we will return it as quickly as possible. Calls received after 5:00 or on Sundays will be returned the next day.
- We have appointments available from Mondays through Saturdays.
- Although we can groom in any weather, there are only a couple times per year when we cannot safely drive to your home. If we determine that roads are not safe enough to drive our grooming salon to your home, we will need to reschedule. We will give preference to rescheduled customers. Basic rule of thumb is: If roads are too bad to keep you from driving, then don't expect us to. We will call you to give you as much advance notice as possible.
- We will not use dirty / recirculated / "hydro" grooming of any kind. You can trust us to use only clean water on your pet.
- Scheduling preferences are given to those who take care of their pets on a regular basis (at least monthly). Otherwise, we are typically booked out 2 weeks. Some holidays book early so plan accordingly. We recommend arranging a standing appointment to get on a routine schedule.
- Please "empty" your dog before our arrival to your home.
- If your dog is very energetic, please walk him or her for 30 minutes before our arrival.
- We will muzzle dogs, if we deem it necessary. If you are aware of any issues with your pooch, please advise us or provide your own muzzle, .
- We accept cash or checks. Credit / debit cards are not accepted.